Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vodafone Crossword Shortlist NEWS FLASH

-- MUCH to my amazement, ESCAPE has made it to this year's Vodafone Crossword shortlist. I am very glad, esp for my publisher Picador India, and my editor Shruti Debi, coz the book had pretty much vanished from sight after its release in November last year. So this is ... very NICE.

(next morning -- shocked and saddened by the loss of The Moon Walking One --)

Here's the list of the other contenders this year:

Salman Rushdie's 'The Enchantress of Florence'
Amitav Ghosh's 'Sea of Poppies'
Jhumpa Lahiri's 'Unaccustomed Earth'
Neel Mukherjee's 'Past Continuous'
Anuradha Roy's 'An Atlas of Impossible Longings'
Preeta Samarasan's 'Evening is the Whole Day'

-- but clicking the link above, at "shortlist" will yield the Crossword Bookstores website where there's much more information. Thanks are due to Zigzackly for posting the link via Twitter.


5 comments:

Nikhil Narayanan said...

Congrats!
Have not read this one.Now,I have one more reason to pick it up.
:-)

-Nikhil

Unknown said...

Yay! One more reader!! *grin*

Unknown said...

Have reviewed Escape in the American Book Review 32(2) for Jan/Feb this year. Hope this helps :)

Unknown said...

Erm, this might result in a duplicate comment.

Just logged on to say I reviewed Escape for the American Book Review 32(2) for Jan/Feb this year. Hope this helps :)

Unknown said...

Hello and thank you, RBC. I couldn't get into the ABR web-site to read the review, but I'm grateful for the heads-up.