Saturday, January 05, 2013

RESOLUTIONS 2013 / 05



05. Today's resolution is a simple one: to drink at least eight glasses of water a day. This is something that I've been working on for many years because I rarely ever feel thirsty. When I'm at home, I've got little systems in place to remind me to pour something or other down my throat but when I'm traveling those systems break down. So keeping track of glasses is helpful. Tea and coffee count towards the tally, but only if they're big mugs or tall glasses (of tea).

So far, I've been on track for my resolutions. Though ... uhh ... today I was kind of late posting evidence of my day's origami. That's because I had already tried it out yesterday and knew that I would have trouble completing this model with the result that I postponed doing it until after dinner!

An odd thing about origami. There are times when the diagram absolutely makes no sense the first time around and then a day later, the very same dots and dashes resolve themselves into folds that fall into place just the way they're supposed to. Anyway, today's Eagle worked out all right and, as you can see, it flaps quite efficiently. Doesn't look too much like an eagle though ...

No comments: