Wednesday, February 26, 2014

SUKI ONLINE / 2014 / 02









26th February 2014
Aside from not updating the posts at this blog, I haven't been updating my book list either. *sigh* Here are two links that I missed posting:
The paperback edition of THREE VIRGINS is available in the US. In India, it's available in hardback online from the publisher, ZUBAAN. Flipkart features a link to the paperback edition, which is not, so far as I know, available in India.

It's had some very positive reviews. Here are three:
Namita Gokhale in OUTLOOK
Mitali Saran in TEHELKA
Akhila Krishnamurthy in the HINDU

My latest illustrated book is WE ARE DIFFERENT, available from Flipkart India and of course from its publisher, TULIKA BOOKS.

I have also recently begun a fortnightly column with The Hindu's BUSINESS LINE in their Saturday magazine, BLink. It's an interesting and well designed magazine, well worth a visit.

Here's a link to the first piece: ELSEWHERE, USA. I'll post more links as I get them.

And finally, there's been a lot of activity on the Indian indigenous comic front.

Arul Mani in the LADIES FINGER! posted a very friendly review of Penguin India's DOUBLETALK many months ago and I was too sluggish to post a link here. Thanks to Amruta Patil, who very kindly sent me the link (realising that I would never otherwise see it or find it on my own)

At the Bangalore Lit Fest that I attended in January, I was the Mediator on a panel about graphic novels -- I really would like to write about this at greater length, so I won't say more right now. In a related development, SUKI made a guest appearance in PULP QUARTERLY, a lively new publication focusing on graphic stories and story tellers.

2 comments:

H.S. said...

Suki goes to such happy places :))

Unknown said...

Leon, thanks for being in touch. You could leave your e-mail address as a COMMENT -- I won't post it here, but I'll write back to you.