Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lebanon, NEW HAMPSHIRE

... is where I am as I write this quickie post. I've spent two days with a friend in her "pink palace" -- a rambling house with wonderful light, one husband, two cats and a one-year-old-today baby.

There's so much I could write about but time constraints force me to keep this to the teeniest minimum. I arrived in the US on Friday night, spent that night in Boston with D&D, my niece and new nephew-in-law, traveled the next day to Newport and spent one happy night and day there, before returning to Boston on Sunday. Monday morning I had a very good session at Tufts University, talking to drama students of Prof Sean Edgecombe about my play HARVEST. Monday night I was once more with D&D, and we had an extremely jovial dinner at JOE'S, a high-quality burger restaurant. Tuesday morning I left for Lebanon, NH, intending to spend one night but then got SNOWED IN -- Vermont got two feet of snow -- so I delayed departure and am very grateful for the big friendly home I'm in.

And now I'm going to end this bulletin with a typically bizarre story, encountered on Yahoo News. Enjoy!
YOGI SURVIVES WITHOUT FOOD & WATER

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived in Lebanon , NH for 5 years. Moved just last year. Snow for 6 months out of the year :) Just had to comment when I saw this post.

Anonymous said...

hi ms. mp

i know that lots of us are quite worried about privacy issues on the net.

i came across a site that anyone can access where they gather all public info available of you on the net! the bastards!

anyway you can (and probably should) go through the following instructions to get yourself cleared out.


Spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age, etc.

You can remove yourself by first searching for yourself on their site to find the URL of your page, then going to the Privacy button on the bottom of their page to remove yourself. Follow their instructions - its a pretty straightforward procedure. Please Copy & repost to share. gt

Unknown said...

Hi gt -- sorry I didn't respond right away -- been traveling in the usual frantic way, but finally am in Del again. I was keen to try out your site -- but these days I routinely do a scam-check and here's what it came up with: http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2010/04/07/spokeo-com-scam.htm

Interesting reading -- it suggests that it isn't really untrue, just that using Spokeo would not, on its own, guarantee much security.