Monday, December 18, 2006

A Joke

This came to me in a spam-post -- it was supposedly a comment left at one of my posts of last year, so hardly likely to be a genuine post -- yet the spammer had the good sense to include a fairly amusing joke. Since I moderate comments, I can choose to reject the comment -- and of course I have -- but here's the joke:

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the
criterion was which defined whether or not a patient should be
institutionalised.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a
teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to
empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the
bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup.

"No," said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a
bed near the window?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very funny. Thanks :)

Unknown said...

I'd be in the adjoining cell -- I didn't even consider the bucket! Thinking it was too obvious, I chose the teacup -- yes, it would take a lot longer, but then again, it might be a bit more efficient as the water level grew lower ...

Just tell me which hospital to check myself into!!

Unknown said...

No, I wouldn't have chosen the thimble EVER coz I am too lazy! However, I would have considered getting a hose and suctioning the water out ... no doubt imagining that I was being super clever in the bargain!!

The Panchgani place sounds divoon. Can we check ourselves in without being obviously deranged? Of course, it shouldn't be difficult to develop a little "problem" -- just the thought of unlimited strawberries and cream is enough to get me twitching!